Monday, August 24, 2009

Autumn has arrived...

Okay, so Autumn, the Fall season hasn't exactly arrived yet, no. (although I'm so excited about FOOTBALL and the Fall weather!!!) "Autumn" has arrived in other ways though....Geof and I went to Dalton, GA on Saturday to look at hardwood floors. Dalton is the flooring capitol of the world, and let me tell you the money you can save! WOW! We ended up finding something we loved and compared to what we priced out here in Nashville, we saved $1000 by going to Georgia! I'm telling you, they are beautiful. They aren't the dark brown rustic look that I thought I wanted. Long story short, we bought everything we needed, rented a uhaul trailer and drove back to Nashville 3000 lbs heavier than before. 57 boxes of Maple wood! Here are a few pictures... because of the lighting, all these pictures look like a different color depending on where you stand, but that's what I love about it. It isn't dark, but it isn't light wood - it's a great medium, rich color. It's called "Autumn" which describes it perfectly.
And below you see the 57 boxes stored in our dining room. :) We will have everything installed in September. YAY!! We are so thrilled! That is 3000 lbs of wood right there, people! Whew! I cannot wait to get rid of the ugly entry way hardwoods and the yucky carpet. Autumn has arrived!! Perfect timing for the season!

2 comments:

Amy Porter said...

Those are AWESOME!! I wish GA was closer to us!! You know we are about to start building so I will have to be picking out all of that stuff!! I love that sloor!

Amy Porter said...

ok...meant to say floor...not sloor! Ha!!!