Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What A Weekend

Wow, what a weekend. We had a great time with my parents being here. Mom did really well with Max, the pup. Max was fairly calm around them and did great! However... Monday morning when I tried to get him out of his cage to go outside, he couldn't walk. After a couple trips that day to the ER, they decided that the big bag of fluid hanging from his belly was caused by a possible blood vessel that was bleeding. He was in so much pain and running 103 fever. I was so worried! I told Geof that I don't think I can ever have kids if I get this bent out of shape over a dog. Anyway - Tuesday morning we took Max to our normal vet where they admitted him into their hospital there. He's doing better and we should have him back on Thursday. Here is a picture I took of him with my phone on Monday night after his second trip to the ER.
Other devastating news... very close friends of my extended family were in a car wreck Monday. They were on their way to the lakehouse in Texas when the 16 year old driving ran off the road a little bit and then over corrected the wheel. The suburban flipped 3 times, killing his younger brother (13) and seriously injuring his older sister (18) that had to be life flighted and almost bled out. His parents were not injured. The grandparents and other family members were driving in the car behind them, so they witnessed the entire thing. Out of respect, I will not give any more details about the family. Please just be in serious prayer for them as they deal with the loss and with the guilt that I cannot even imagine. What a weekend.

No comments: