Friday, March 5, 2010

BABY, BABY, BABY!

Almost 32 weeks....
Here are pictures of the nursery (the one wall that is completely finished)... and pictures from my MASSIVE church shower. Talk about richly blessed. Let's just say...I just finished writing almost 100 thank you notes and we still have 3 showers to go! Whew! Thanks to all the hostesses for putting on a smash hit of a shower last weekend! And thanks to mom, Aunt Sandy, my sister, and Jackie (Geof's mom) - we have the nursery/closets organized, blankets and clothes and wash rags etc are all washed and ready. Things are moving along... and so is my belly as you can see...
I have a black bookshelf that goes on that blank wall there. There is also a dresser not pictured and other things to finish. I'm hoping to find a cute solid color rug. The walls are gray even though they look a little purple in these pics. The color squares are painted with craft paint and then I framed pieces of my fabric. I had the bedding custom made b/c I wanted something unique (I know, shocker right?). Found the fabrics online and had someone in NY make it all for a good price. It's very bright and fun! Thanks to my good friend Anna Berry for helping me decorate the nursery!
Now on to the church shower... the cake was homemade by the one and only Teresa Buck - we had strawberry, lemon, white chocolate, and carrot cake. They were all wonderful! And yes, I did have one of each flavor thank you very much. Homemade buttercream icing - YUM!!! Linde Browning Giddens made this sign for the hospital door. Precious!

I leave you with a full on shot of my big belly. haha!! I love that dress though. Very comfy!

3 comments:

Kara Graves said...

your shower was so sweet, hope you felt loved! I LOVE how you have done Paige's room, it is gorgeous, all it needs now is a sweet baby!

Amy Porter said...

Oh my goodness...you are all belly!! You look awesome! And, I LOVE her room! I can't believe you are getting so close! Love this post!!!!! So cute!!

Abbe said...

i LOVE paige's room! it is so cute. i am so glad you had a fun shower with your friends and family, it makes it feel so much more real when you start getting the nursery all stocked and ready! you look great!