Monday, September 29, 2008

A rug makes all the difference

A rug makes all the difference in the world when decorating. The main floor living room was starting to depress me just a little bit last week. My turquoise piece didn't work in that room, and it was looking like I was stuck with my old black and red deco - which would have been fine, but I was ready to change it up. UNTIL.......... Saturday we went to the Ashley Furniture outlet store. I found this rug for SO CHEAP! It looks gorgeous. The photo was taken with my cell phone, so it's not as bright as it is in person. (the blue-ish stripe is pretty turquoise) Those blue pillows on the sofa are really turquoise, not light blue. Anyway, now I can bring in some other color! And the burgandy stripes really tie in the dining room color around the corner as well! Those turquoise pillows can now stay - I'll replace the black pillows with a bright burgandy probably. We'll see what I find.