Friday, October 17, 2008

Cement Carvings...

Here is a fun picture! When Geof and I got married and built our townhouse, I carved our initials on the side of our front step after they laid the cement - I know, such a rebel. You can't see it unless you dig thru our flowerbed. Just before we moved out of the townhouse last month, I took a picture. It's hard to read since it is a few years old, but I'm glad I got to take a picture so we can remember it. It says A + G 2005. Have you ever carved in wet cement? It's harder than it looks!
I need to find a place on the new house to do something like this. Maybe the back deck or something. The new house was built in 2001, so there isn't really any wet cement around. Speaking of the new house... last weekend we painted Geof's study. Looks GREAT! I will post a picture soon. And this weekend we are going to be busy painting the Texas room - finally! My mom comes into town next Thursday. I'm so excited!!!!!!

1 comment:

kelly said...

i just realized that i missed lots of your posts :( not sure why my blog didn't let me know you updated! anyway, i have some reading to do...
so cute that you did that & i'm glad you got a picture. you should definitely do that in this house - just figure out some reason to pour cement!
yes - show us your texas room!