Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You Know You Live in the Burbs When.....

Saturday afternoon I hear loud clown type music playing outside.... could it be? Could it REALLY be?? AN ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!!!!!! (no, I didn't really take a picture)



I open the front door and look down the street to see an ice cream truck parked on the corner, and people and children were coming out of their houses and running like mad! I've never seen anything like this! It was as if it were a magnet of some sort just pulling people out of their homes. Like a movie or something. I got this rush of excitement as if I were 10 years old again!!! Of course I didn't have any cash on me, so I didn't get to enjoy, but I did love watching how excited people were over this phenomenon that has (in my opinion) become rather creepy. But Saturday it was GREAT! You know you're living in the suburbs when the ice cream man is BACK IN BUSINESS!!
Don't you remember those days back in the 80s? We'd be inside playing and we'd hear that music... dash to the closet to find our "jellies" and slip them on our feet - then go grab mom for some cash and run outside to meet the man with the goodies! Good times. I love me an orange Push-Up.

Here's to next Saturday! I hope he shows up again. I'll be ready this time.

No comments: